|Title||: Audacity 2.3.0|
|File Name||: audacity-win-2.3.0.exe|
|File Size||: 25.5 MB|
|License||: Open Source|
|Date Added||: 01-Oct-2018|
|Home Page||: audacity.sourceforge.net|
|MD5 Checksum||: 16E824BF2E79B51A4C4FDC8BF8294D7A|
|OS Supported||: Win7 32-bit / Win7 64-bit / Win8 32-bit / Win8 64-bit / Vista 32 / Vista 64|
A free open source digital audio editing and recording software, which was first released on May 28th, 2000 and considered as one of the popular multimedia applications.
The software application is capable of processing the recorded and edited audio files. Some of the features the application supports are listed below:
Supports recording and playing back the audio files with Scrubbing and Timer recording options.
Supports exporting and importing of various types of audio files.
Supports conversion of tape recording into digital tracks and splitting the tracks by considering the delimiters in the audio recording.
Supports minimization of noise levels during audio recording based on noise sampling.
Supports audio editing and recording across various platforms that include: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and BSD.
Supports a standard graphical user interface (GUI) across various platforms that enables the user to easily operate the application.
Supports configuration of user presets that can be saved and used across sessions.
Supports easy-to-navigate features that include navigation controls, project pane, and project navigation.
Enables the user to adjust the audio pitch and the audio speed.
Enables multi track mixing and provides an option to enhance the digital effects while editing the audio files.
Screenshots are not available
– New feature – “Punch and Roll Recording”
– Pinned-play-head can now be repositioned by dragging
– Play-at-speed now can be adjusted whilst playing.
– Toolbars controlling volume and speed can now be resized for greater precision
– Macros (formerly ‘Chains’) substantially extended
New Macro palette
Macros can be bound to keyboard keys
– New commands
New ‘Tools’ menu
New ‘Scriptables’ commands
– Nyquist gains AUD-DO command
– Nyquist effects are now translatable and translated
– More dialogs have help buttons now
– Increased legibility of trackname display
– Half-wave option for collapsed tracks
– Sliding Stretch
– Dialog (option) for entering labels
– Windows: Queen Mary 1.7.1 Vamp plug-ins crash Audacity on opening Plug-in Manager
– Inconsistent behavior when recording with a selection defined
– Ctrl + M does not open label for editing
– Vertical Zoom in by clicking in the vertical Scale, or context menu, in waveform views is inconsistent
– Deletion of all tracks cannot be undone
– Timer Record with a selection present can get a truncated recording with data loss
– Duplicate shortcuts can be created
– Labels longer than 260 characters are now supported
– Using Spectrogram Settings in TCP or using Preferences causes Audacity to reset Project Rate to default rate in Quality Preferences
– Cut Preview should play all selected/sync-locked tracks, respecting Mute/Solo during preview