The Comodo Dragon is a free Internet browser that is developed based on the Chromium technology and offers the features supported by the Chrome browser developed by Google in addition to privacy and security features.
As web browsing has gained immense popularity, it becomes imperative for the browsers to demonstrate a faster browsing capability along with stability and reliability factors to complete the browsing activity. The Comodo Dragon browser provides all the features required by the current browser, and additionally, the data that is exchanged through the Comodo Dragon platform is protected with enhanced privacy and security features as compared to the data exchange protection provided by the Chrome browser. Further, all the features of the Comodo Dragon browser are supported with a light-weight design for efficiently using the system resources.
As the digital certificates are shared through the web browsers, the Comodo Dragon validates the secure SSL digital certificates and indicates the strength of the digital certificates.
Further, the browser is supported with a built-in updater and allows the browser to clear up the cache and cookie files. While the browser is supported in multiple languages, the Comodo Dragon browser allows the browsers to switch easily from others browsers.
Screenshots are not available
– Fixed defect on update that caused the spell checker support to fail
– “Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly” option fixed
– “Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar” option fixed
– Some general videos failed to play correct.
– Pages opened with middle-click on a hyperlink don’t finish loading and they don’t render properly
– Videos from https://vid.me/ are not successfully played;
– Videos stop playing after scrolling down for a while on Facebook.
– Videos stop playing after scrolling down for a while on Twitter.
– “Signal Private Messenger” Chrome app is not working.
– Updated code to Chromium 55.xx
– Added support for extra Audio/Video codecs e.g. AAC,MP3/H.264
– Improved HTTPS details over Chromium;
– Improved EV certificate notification;
– Improvements to MediaDownloader;
– Addition of the Widevines DRM Plug-in which means support for such sites are Amazon Video and Netflix.
– Chromium code base has been updated to version 50.
– A IP/DNS leakage detector feature has been added. IP / DNS Leakage Detector helps you to see what information can be seen by the web sites that you visit. In these web sites, site owners, advertisers, widgets can track and collect these information.
– Disabling WebRTC as a built-in feature has been added. Comodo Dragon helps users to enable and disable WebRTC by a built-in option. Disabling WebRTC feature is listed under the Security section in Settings page. By unchecking the option, you’ll be able to disable WebRTC. After option is unchecked, tab has to be closed closed and re-opened to disable WebRTC in the active tabs. WebRTC comes enabled by default
– Chromium code base has been updated to 49
– Dragon offers a direct installation of Adobe PPAPI Flash Player in case of flash does not exist in user’s computer.
– Dragon v49 will be final version that supports Windows Vista. Starting from version 50, We will not support Vista users.
– Dragon has been upgraded to Chromium 36.0.1985.97.
– Adobe Flash stability and performance issues resolved.
– Improved PrivDog privacy tool feature handling and compatibility.
– New improved visual look with increased usability and performance from previous version of Dragon.
– Full support for Chromium Theme which often were broken in the previous Dragon.
– Refreshed application icon.
– Numerous bug fixes.