CudaText is a cross-platform text editor, written in Lazarus.
Code tree (tree structure of functions/classes/etc in source).
Multi-carets and multi-selections.
Find/Replace with reg. ex.
Plugins in Python language. Plugins can do lot of things.
Configs in JSON. Supports lexer-specific configs.
Split each tab.
Split view for 2/3/4/6 files.
Simple auto-completion (fixed list) for some lexers.
Command palette (ST3 style).
Show unprinted whitespace.
Support for many encodings.
Binary/Hex viewer for files of unlimited size.
Screenshots are not available
– Add: option “ui_tab_variable_width”, can set variable width tabs
– Add: option “ui_tab_size_x_max”
– Add: option “ui_tab_show_x_size”
– Add: too long UI tab captions are now truncated in the middle, by “…” char
– Add: Linux: selection is auto-copied to OS Primary Selection (for max line count ~200). So plugin “Auto Copy to Clipboard” is almost not needed (it can copy to usual clipboard though).
– Add: can continue column selection after multi-carets. After column selection made, then Shift+Right used (it converted column block to multi-carets), you can continue column selection by Shift+Alt+Down
– Add: plugin Multi Installer skips more error messages (about incompatible OS, API)
– Add: command “Close and delete file” also works in picture viewer and binary/hex viewer
– Change: removed menu items “Help – Mouse usage”, “Help – Lexers”
– Fix: most of app hotkeys didn’t work in picture viewer (e.g. F1, Ctrl+Tab)
– Fix: Windows: dialog positions on 2 monitors configuration
– Fix: macOS: Ctrl+click didn’t call context menu in all places
– Fix: macOS: minimap didn’t paint