Password Safe allows users to store all passwords in a single “safe” (password database), or to create multiple databases for different purposes (e.g., one for work, one for personal use). Each database is independent can be moved and used on different systems, as long as the same version of Password Safe is installed. Databases are encrypted with an encryption key derived from the master password (the master password, however, is not kept in the database in any form).
Password Safe allows you to safely and easily create a secured and encrypted user name/password list. With Password Safe all you have to do is create and remember a single “Master Password” of your choice in order to unlock and access your entire user name/password list.
Password Safe provides several mechanisms for using stored names and passwords. Most require copying the user name or password to the clipboard and then pasting the information into the required input field. Password Safe provides a function, Auto Type, that automates the entering of user name and password into a web form.
- Start your safe and simplified digital life
- Free open source software
- Installation in minutes
Screenshots are not available
– Default expiration interval is now configurable via Options->Password History, instead of being hardcoded to 90 days.
– Export subgroups correctly.
– Fixed typo in English dragbar tooltip texts.
– Tweak RNG initialization.
– Installer will not create startup shortcut by default when upgrading.
– Installer now selects language support for selected installer language.