SeaMonkey an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users-all your Internet needs in one application.
- Sync allows you to keep your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks, preferences and tabs in sync across different devices (computers) in a secure way.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs. And if you mistakenly close a tab or window, functionality to Undo Closed Tab or Window helps you bring it back to continue working with it.
- Feed detection notifies you when web pages offer RSS or Atom feeds, and feed preview lets you view their contents and choose a reader with which to subscribe to those-including an internal reader in the Mail & Newsgroups component of SeaMonkey.
- Tabbed Mail lets you manage your mail and folders in parallel, without losing control of where you’re at when reading, replying to and working with messages in more complex patterns.
- Multiple accounts support helps you manage all your mail through one interface.
- Blogs & News Feeds is a reader for RSS and Atom feeds right in your messaging center that eases your reading of information from all across the web.
- SeaMonkey Mail & Newsgroups includes enterprise-ready features such as S/MIME, return receipts, address books, LDAP support, and digital signing.
Screenshots are not available
Among the general platform and mail fixes this release contains backported fixes from Thunderbird for the EFAIL security vulnerability.
SeaMonkey now uses gtk3 on Linux.