Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor.
Wide Format Support
Supports hundreds of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg. No import required which means native editing, plus multi-format timelines, resolutions and frame-rates within a project. Frame accurate seeking supported for many video formats.
Device and Transport Options
Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring. Screen, webcam and audio capture. Network stream playback. Supports resolutions up to 4k and capture from SDI, HDMI, webcam, JACK & Pulse audio, IP stream, X11 screen and Windows DirectShow devices.
Sleek, Intuitive Interface
Multiple dockable and undockable panels, including detailed media properties, recent files with search, playlist with thumbnail view, filter panel, history view, encoding panel, jobs queue, and melted server and playlist. Also supports drag-n-drop of assets from file manager.
Screenshots are not available
– Fixed crash in Export.
– Fixed NVENC hardware encoders on Windows and Linux.
– Fixed VA-API hardware encoders on Linux. As a result, the Linux build is now based on Ubuntu 16.04 (glibc 2.23), which may reduce compatibility with older Linux systems.
– Fixed hardware encoder detection on Windows.
– Added Audio Waveform Visualization video filter.
– Added MM:SS.SS to Timer filter.
– Added IRE graticule and tooltips to the Video Waveform scope.
– Added support for the mouse wheel to the Color Grading circles.
– Added configuration setting player/warnGPU, which is a boolean that defaults true.