SQuirreL SQL client provides a simple graphical interface to relational databases. Because it is built using Java, it can access any JDBC-compliant database running on any machine, allowing remote access to multiple databases.
A SQuirreL user can:
– Easily view and edit data in any JDBC-compliant database
– View the database’s meta-data
– Work with multiple databases on both local and remote machines
– Use a single, consistent interface to work with different database engines
– Expand the tool’s capabilities and include DB-specific functionality using plugins
SQuirreL provides a single, uniform interface that works with all relational databases. The user interface provides features similar to modern IDEs and makes it easy to access and modify databases, understand database structure, and work with and learn SQL.
SQuirreL emphasizes the things that all databases have in common while being able to handle product-specific quirks through the plugin architecture.
Screenshots are not available