Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview. This program is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture.
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
Screenshots are not available
– Added the ability to rotate and slide openings and lights.
– Added a mannequin which can be articulated.
– Replaced the 24 3D models contributed under LAL license in the default catalog by new models under GNU GPL / CC-BY license.
– Updated rotating and sliding parts in the 3D model of doors, windows and furniture to support new rotation and translation capabilities.
– Added price management with currency choice and optional sales tax in preferences pane, prices and sales tax fields in furniture modification pane, total prices below the home furniture list and new columns to display price information in the list.
– Added the ability to calculate math expression in numeric fields.
– Added Plan > Flip horizontally and Plan > Flip vertically menu items.
– Added support for multi line and text alignment in text modification pane.
– Added X offset and Y offset spinner in texture modification pane to shift textures.
– Added Dash offset spinner in polyline modification pane to shift the pattern of dashed polylines.
– Allowed polylines to be displayed in the 3D view.
– Added an option in 3D view modification pane to view background image
– in 3D view at ground level .
– Added Plan > Make level the only viewable one and Plan > Make all levels viewable menu items.
– Displayed level menu items in a separate contextual menu bound to level tabs.
– Enabled multi selection of materials in materials modification pane to change them by group.
– Managed Ctrl modifier (alt or option under macOS) to resize the selected piece of furniture only along its width or its depth.
– Added a new indicator in the middle of walls to easily change their curve.
– Displayed wall arc length in the tool tip associated to Arc extent field in wall modification pane.
– Allowed sloping walls to have a minimum height equal to 0.
– Added 2.40:1 image ratio and updated video formats.
– Saved column widths of the furniture list to restore them at home opening.
– Made underground objects of a group individually dig the ground.
– Increased Z-buffer depth to 24 bit when supported to simplify the management of 3D view frustrum.
– Ensured equirectangular images are correctly mapped in the 3D view when used as sky texture.
– Forced CSV export encoding to UTF-8 on all systems and added com.eteks.sweethome3d.CSVEncoding system property to set the encoding to another value for backward compatibility.
– Checked SH3D files start by ZIP magic number after a file is saved to warn users for rare fail cases.
– Fixed angle of grouped furniture according to the angle of leading selected piece.
– Fixed furniture and texture libraries loading under Java 10.
– Improved HiDPI screens detection with Java 8/10 under Windows / Linux / macOS to automatically scale the user interface.
– Updated Java 3D version to 1.6.1 to support HiDPI screens under Java 10.
– Optimized 3D walls update when doors and windows are moved.
– Added sunjce_provider.jar library to installation programs to allow access to web sites with https.
– Added architecture 32/64 bit radio buttons in Windows installer and selected 32 bit by default under Windows 10 64 bit.
– Added support for ARM64 architecture in Windows installer.
– Upgraded Inno Setup to its Unicode version for support more easily non Latin languages in Windows installer.
– Bundled macOS installer with Oracle Java 8 and added an other installer based on Apple Java 6 for Mac OS X 10.6/10.7 users.
– Replaced JRE 8u162 by JRE 8u181 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java.
– Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.