Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency. Once the user has chosen and downloaded a .torrent file from the web, they simply open it from within Tixati by clicking the ‘Add’ button. After the .torrent is opened, Tixati connects to other peers in the swarm and downloads the desired files automatically, leaving them in a convenient ‘Downloads’ folder on the user’s desktop.
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- NO Spyware / NO Ads / NO Nonsense
Screenshots are not available
– download piece handling, caching, and hashing completely re-engineered.
– long-running incomplete pieces are cached on-disk, giving drastic RAM reduction with many downloads.
– all pieces are cached in separate files, within per-transfer folders.
– initial full loading from piece cache upon program start has been eliminated, greatly improving load times.
– final incomplete piece saving has been greatly simplified, which has improved final shutdown time.
– much more efficient scattered hashing of multi-source pieces, can now handle thousands of source peers per piece.
– piece repair algorithm thoroughly searches all multi-source permutations in the most efficient order.
– throttled, multi-threaded piece repair hashing for stability in torrents under heavy attack.
– peer piece assignment algorithm has been greatly improved and now prioritizes repair of long-running pieces.
– fixed rare crash originating in UPNP port-mapping client when receiving unexpected responses from router.
– new diagnostic charts in help menu that show memory allocation rate and level.
– all diagnostic charts now have full range of separate detail charts for all 15 sub-categories.
– added workarounds to deal with remote clients that continuously reply to block requests with lt_donthave messages.
– numerous fixes to tree/list view controls throughout the program, including faster text rendering.
– fixed display defects relating to progress-bar controls within tree/list view on some GTK themes.
– global disk operation queuing engine has had several improvements to it’s task prioritization algorithms.
– file/folder names are now correctly incremented when creating duplicate files.
– better support for control label pass-through when working with 3rd-party screen-readers.
– support for clickable fopnu: links in channels, share profiles, and private messages.
– magnet/dsc links with invalid characters in the title field are handled more gracefully.
– fixed display problems with font-fallback when rendering text via Windows Uniscribe (channels/share/messages).
– fixed font-fallback installed font enumeration problems, improved registry reader for better compatibility.
– text views now show correct disabled background color when embedded in a tab.
– lines in text views are now clipped to prevent aggressive unicode diacritic stacking from bleeding upward.
– fixed problems with numeric spin-box notification mechanism that would prevent update upon Settings window close.
– peer event logging has had many readability fixes.
– more efficient directory change notification monitor used for optionally watching folders for .torrent files.
– several other minor GUI fixes.
– updated IP-Location tables.