WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
- Provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, XZ, Z archives.
- Offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
- When you purchase WinRAR license you are buying a license to the complete technology, no need to purchase add-ons to create self-extracting files, it’s all included.
- Easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- Offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 256 bits.
- Supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
- Offers the ability to create self-extracting and multivolume archives.
- Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
- Features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
Screenshots are not available
– “Delete archive” extraction option deletes all volumes even if user started extraction from non-first RAR volume, but first volume is present and all files are unpacked successfully. In such case previous versions ignored “Delete archive” even if WinRAR was able to locate the first volume and process the volume set from beginning.
– Compression ratio bar is not displayed on “Archive” page of Explorer file properties for archives with encrypted file names. WinRAR cannot reliably calculate it for such archives without a password and previously it just displayed 0% here.
– WinRAR displayed “The specified password is incorrect” message infinitely when attempting to open RAR5 archive with encrypted file names if wrong global password was set with Ctrl+P.
– Memory management bug in the password dialog could lead to access to already freed memory followed by crash. This issue may be also associated with security risks.
– Fixed crashes in corrupt RAR, ACE and LZH archives. This issue may be also associated with security risks.
– While starting, WinRAR could cause a brief flickering in menu bars of few other applications.
– WinRAR “Find” command matched “String to find” against all archived files ignoring “File names to find” mask when searching in CAB archives.
– SFX module “License” command did not set a title of license window.
– If “Start-up folder” in WinRAR settings included the trailing backslash, WinRAR ignored first “Up one level” command.